Finally, I Can Walk from My Apartment to a Concert

My wife and I play "Riverdale Would Be Better If" a lot. Thanks to Mark Mandarano, the game just got a little easier (or harder; we have one less answer, at any rate). 

This past Sunday, I went to hear his Sinfonietta of Riverdale. They played some typically facile French music--and Varese, sticking out like the most beautiful sore thumb I've ever seen. Although I have my suspicions that Mandarano was trying to hide Octandre from ticket buyers (the piece was conspicuously absent from the website), he doesn't typically shy away from programming interesting, challenging music. 

Up next for the group: Wagner and Schoenberg on May 15 at the Riverdale Temple. If you're interested, check out their website or follow them on Facebook. 


Popular posts from this blog

What Are the New Models of Professional Musicianship?

Taking a Break