Second Thoughts on Using Amazon's Cloud Drive

Because it uses Flash, there's only an Android app for Amazon's new Cloud Player--nothing for iPhone. But I'm having no problem installing the MP3 Uploader on my MacBook and can upload and play tracks through Chrome and Safari. At least I can listen through my computer at work (a PC) and through portable speakers at home (the Mac).

Here's the thing: to upload all of my music from iTunes to the Cloud Drive, I need 20 GB of storage and they only give me 5 GB for free. If I buy an MP3 album from Amazon, I get that additional 15 GB without cost for a year. But what do I do after a year? Then I pay $20 annually to keep my music in the locker. That's pretty cheap, but I'm not going to go for it before I see what Google's got to offer. 

For now, I'll live with my free 5 GBs, and because they'll let me store anything I buy from them for free,  I'll use Amazon's MP3 store. (See: they got me!)

Want more? 

Matt Brian speculates that all of this is a prelude to Amazon releasing their own Android tablet. Glenn Peoples of Billboard has weighed in on his blog, and Ben Parr of Mashable has some first impressions

Popular posts from this blog

What Are the New Models of Professional Musicianship?

Taking a Break